Assistant : Leader
I will ask you an obvious question:
Do you want to be the type of person that is, diminished, and doesn’t make a difference in anyone’s life and even in your own life?
I already know the answer: No, no way! Never ! Or: It’s tied up…
I will ask you an even more obvious question: Do you want to be a Leader? Are you willing to be one?
Your immediate response will be: YESSS!
My dear friend, assistant, there is a price to be paid, a path to follow, and I will tell from now it won’t be easy. It demands of you to go deep!
We see that many assistants don’t have a spirit of leadership. They are focused on themselves. They are limited to work in certain meetings, to do a particular task, and for this reason their vision is short.
If you are truly baptized with the Holy Spirit, then you are Leaders because inside of you there is power, there is a potential, a spirit of leadership, there is a will to take on a challenge, you have a vision to go far until the ends of the earth!
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
I will leave some points on how to be a leader, so that you can evaluate yourself:
– She doesn’t wait for the pastor to tell her what to do, she goes and asks humbly;
– She is seen as an example to be followed by those who are new in the faith;
– She is not limited by only working in the sanctuary, but she attends the need of all the other areas as well. Not only in a physical way, such as cleaning the church, but above all, making herself available to help the various existing church groups;
– She is an observer and is always attentive to people arriving for the 1st time at church and passes on a detailed report to the pastor;
– She is creative in the way she evangelizes and avoids religious words;
– She is not limited to evangelize only on a certain day, but goes other days as well and encourages others to go with her;
– She takes pleasure in encouraging her companions positively;
– She gets close her fellow companions of war and forms a team and not a “clique” ;
– She is above all a leader of your own self ! !
Upon evaluating yourself, what have you found out about yourself?
If you’ve discovered you haven’t been a leader, then take these last days of the Fast of Daniel and review your life looking for that spirit of leadership!
6th December 2013 at 19:04
Thank you as well with this wake up call for me to allow the Spirit of God lead me to be a leader.
13th November 2013 at 21:10
Thank you, I evaluated myself and I know where I’m standing and I will strive the best I can to become a leader.
4th November 2013 at 9:40
I have been learning a lot. How do I deal with voices that say you are bossy? I have had a clash with some people in the church who say sit down you are BOSSY?
CHEDU MAJAHA (BOTSWANA)
4th November 2013 at 7:04
Thank you for the tips and i am striving to be a leader because many times as assistants we just evangelize once a week, and sometimes we don’t even pay attention to new people in the church…