Assistant, does your word have honor?
Unfortunately, what we have seen more in our midst today is that many don’t honor their word. Any adverse circumstance is enough to go back on their commitment!
Note what is written:
All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.” (Matthew 5:37)
I would like to ask you the following questions:
Has your word been yes, yes; no, no?
When does it go beyond that?
I will give you examples of behaviors, let’s cut to the chase…
- When you give excuses and don’t accept your mistake;
- When you omit a serious situation, which is detrimental to the salvation of others or the work of God;
- When you do everything to hide your true state, that you’re not well spiritually, and you live by appearances;
- When your intention is to please others and sometimes you even end up unbalanced because you don’t have the courage to say no;
- When you live seeking glory or approval and therefore you “do it your way” in order to achieve what you want;
- When you makeup an argument so you don’t have to say what really happened, because you don’t want to be affected;
- When you don’t go straight to the point in order not to displease;
- When you’re asked about a situation that you witnessed, but conceal the truth, convincing yourself that the Holy Spirit will show everything, being that He has already shown it;
- When you say a “white lie” to avoid future problems…
These are some of the behaviors that demonstrate that your word is not Honorable and worst of all is… that those who live like this, are pleasing the devil, him or herself, and others—everyone but God! The most serious fact is that they are far from salvation!
I would like you to reflect on this matter and especially be true to yourself.
Leave your comment!