Self-esteem and personal image
We’ve been talking about self-esteem because it’s something that affects most people, since they don’t know themselves and don’t develop their qualities.
When you look in the mirror and you only see flaws, it’s as if your eyes were programmed to only devalue yourself! And so you ask me: “What can I do to change that?”
You can do so many things, and some of them are:
· First and most important: See how you are spiritually, because this is usually the major cause of self-esteem problems! When you have the Main Food—you love yourself, it’s amazing! And your opinion about yourself is transformed!
It’s no use wanting to be a beautiful woman physically, if you’re not resolved interiorly, if you’re like that than you’ll continue to be an insecure person, empty and with complexes! All external problems have an internal root!
And another thing, when there’s a covenant with God, you live by faith, in the certainty that you can do anything!
Bear with me: God being so great and wonderful, accepted me, loved me, transformed me, who am I to not value myself? Seek the Holy Spirit above all material things, beauty, success and you’ll have much more than you imagined and will even add in the lives of those who are near you.
· Stop comparing yourself! Usually the person doesn’t accept herself because she compares herself with others and sees herself inferiorly! Accepting yourself is valuing your own self, is also investing in yourself in order to become a better person! Believe in yourself… that you can go beyond!
· Admire yourself! When you admire something, it becomes valuable to you, so admire yourself. Observe in yourself qualities that make you be unique! You are unique!
· Develop your talents: The more you develop and overcome your difficulties, the more you’ll have your self-esteem up there! Never think that you’ve learned enough, be open to learn and grow!
· Take care of your appearance: Develop the pleasure of taking care of yourself! If you’re overweight, make weight-loss goals. Personal hygiene is very important, always invest. Makeup also helps us, learn to use it. Know your body and see what favors you because the right clothes help…a lot! Discipline and focusing will help you!
An important observation: never want to be better than others, more beautiful and more developed. Your change should be for you…for doing well for yourself, you do well to others!