Jumpsuits for every season of the year
Hello friends, we are in a new season and even though the weather has been “crazy”, let’s enjoy the beauty of each season, because it goes by quickly. As soon as autumn arrived here in Europe, I have seen many people wearing their coats and boots, this mid season we should wear warmer clothes, but we can still very much enjoy our lighter clothes, like jumpsuits.
Jumpsuits is that one piece in your wardrobe that is so easy to dress, since it is a single piece, but I confess that I resisted to the idea of wearing it because I thought that it would accentuate my hips. But whether it’s winter, summer or mid-season, it’s that “wildcard” piece (easy and practical).
Tips for each body type
For Tall women
Use and reuse jumpsuits with prints and ones that are loose fitting.
Avoid very wide legs, because they shorten your silhouette. Rely on heels to give you length.
Choose models without pockets or pleats in more sober colors.
For you who have wide hips, look for jumpsuits with ¾ or long sleeves, to balance your silhouette. Use a belt at the waist to make it look slimmer; Ideally, it should be the same color as the jumpsuit. In this case also prefer to go with models without pockets or pleats.
Heavier and Plus Sizes
Go for darker, plain colors and prints with vertical pattern that are smaller and have a darker background color.
Look for models that are long and have wide legs, like those of pantaloons pants, but don’t over do it.
Choose the right size, not a bigger size because the leftover fabric will increase your silhouette.
An all-black jumpsuit easily makes you look thinner. In this case, you can go for large and colorful accessories to make it more interesting. But don’t get stuck to this rule, navy blue and red are also good options.
Even though it’s an easy piece, it is important to know some tips that can help you even more to put together a beautiful and error-free look.
- If using a belt use one of the same color, this can give the illusion of a bigger waist. But if you’re tall you can use a belt that makes a contrast.
- If you are short, use the same color shoes or a very similar color to the jumpsuit this will help to elongate your silhouette.
- If you are in a cold season, just add a jacket, a blazer or a thin long-sleeved blouse over. If it’s hot, go bold on the accessories: Use it with necklaces, earrings, bracelets and purses.
- Those on the heavier side, with larger hips or belly should make sure that the fabric flows (light and loose) so it doesn’t point out what you don’t want to show.
- The overall fit has to be just right. Regardless of the model or your body type, it should not be too tight, or too loose and the length shouldn’t be short.
- You can even wear a jumpsuit to parties and weddings if you choose a more elegant, formal model.
- Jumpsuits with a lot of prints show your body more and should not be used frequently.
If you do not have a jumpsuit in your wardrobe think about which model you will like, and when you can, buy it.