How to treat menopause?
In the previous post we spoke about what menopause is and the most common symptoms and today we are going to give you some tips on how to minimize them, so that you may complete this phase of life in a healthy way.
The first and most important step is for you to do a check up with a specialist and clarify all your questions of any symptoms you’ve noticed.
Take advantage of your time with your doctor and talk about your family history and your daily routines, explain in detail what you’ve been feeling and for how long you have felt that way and take all the tests you’ve done with you, if you have done any.
That way your doctor can treat and help you in the best way possible.
During your visit with the specialist you can even clarify the advantages and disadvantages of a possible hormone replacement therapy, if this applies to you of course.
Don’t go by what happened to a friend, mother or sister, every case is different and that’s why you should be treated accordingly.
There are so many tips to help us and we can share them with each other and with our family members or friends that may be going through the same thing.
– Increase your fruit and vegetable intake and fats that are not saturated then avoid too much sugar.
– Moderate your protein and salt intake because they increase the risk of osteoporosis by eliminating calcium through your urine.
– Decrease over the counter drugs and alcoholic beverages.
– Exercise at least 3 times a week. Walking is a great option.
– Quit smoking permanently.
– Strengthen your pelvic muscles by practicing Kegel exercises. (with an empty bladder, contract the muscles you use when you are going to urinate like if you were trying to interrupt your flow. Hold it for five seconds, then released for five seconds several times throughout the day and do 3 sets of 10.)
Invest in yourself and your quality of life!
Until next time
22nd December 2015 at 14:29
Thank you so much for information its helped a lot.